Friday, November 16, 2012

What do you hunger for?

I hunger for the smell of turkey fat, burning in the oven, the kitchen so thick with smoke that the neighbors call the fire department. I hunger for a table overflowing with food so rich that it is declared a health hazard. I hunger for a house crowded with friends and relatives beyond the maximum capacity of the building. I hunger for song and drink and merriment that awakens the neighbors in violation of all city, county, and state noise ordinances. I hunger for joy and peace and goodwill, acceptance of all religions, tolerance of all cultures, and compassion for every living thing. I hunger for the clarity to see beyond the boundaries of my narrow-mindedness. I hunger for the sleep that comes when I am not worried or anxious about the world that I am leaving for our children's children's children.

- James Seamarsh, a hungry writer who fills his heart with the discovery of hope inside everyone he meets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hypothes.is JS annotation code